Step One

by katherine on October 9, 2012

You cut a hole in the box.

Step two. You put y–kidding.

KIDDING

Funny though, right?

I’m on a roll this week with innuendo titles.

Anyway. Let’s talk about losing baby weight. Superfuntopic…not.

I’ll be real with you. I gained 35 pounds while I was pregnant with Reese.  And for the longest time after having her, I’d look in the mirror and think, ‘crap, I look good for just having a baby.

Now? Well, like I said, let’s be real. My baby is going to be 3 months old next week {THREE MONTHS!}. I’m not so sure the “for just having a baby” thing applies anymore.

Most Some of my pants are fitting again. I’m down about 20 pounds. But that also means I’ve got about 15 left to lose. With Ry I lost all but two pounds within the first 6 weeks just by breathing. That is clearly not the case this time around. I blame my massive sweet tooth this pregnancy.

Not only do I have about 15 pounds left to lose, I’ve got some major toning to do. Major. And I’ll be honest…my poor belly button will probably never be the same.

So, the first step to fixing a problem is admitting there’s a problem, right?!

STEP ONE COMPLETE.

Now, for moving forward.

I’m breastfeeding Reese so I still need to keep my calorie intake pretty high up there {thankfully}. I want to do this the healthy way.

I have the 30-Day Shred on DVD, but let’s be real…if I were really committed to that I’d already have started it.

I’ve looked into joining the gym that’s a few blocks away from my work. Lunchtime workouts would be great. It’s affordable. But the gym is tiny and they don’t offer any classes. And I love me some group fitness classes….or moreover, I love me some teachers that tell me what I need to do! I’ll be starting the free 2-week trial next week to see how I like the gym itself.

I have My Fitness Pal on my phone and have been tracking my food intake. If that’s not an eye opening activity, I don’t know what is. Wow.

I downloaded an ab workout app on my new iPad {sorry, totally had to fit that in somewhere.}

I may document progress on the blog. I may not. I may include photos. I may not. We’ll see.

So there you have it. I’m on the road to health & fitness again.

Well you know…right after I’m done spending the next four days stuffing my face parts with southern food. Obviously.

Wish me luck.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Nanette October 10, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Good luck! xoxo

2 Lilmissrysmama October 18, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Thanks! I wish I would have stayed more active through my pregnancy…probably would have made this whole thing a lot easier! :)

3 Samantha October 10, 2012 at 6:29 pm

My Fitness Pal is the greatest app ever! I'm such a mindless snacker/nibbler throughout the day and never realized how much that actually adds up until logging my food for a few weeks!

4 Kristi October 10, 2012 at 8:52 pm

So, I lost all but 5 with Cate and Brady after six weeks and I was nursing. However, those five have literally become impossible to lose. A year later, I am committed to getting rid of them but also getting my body back so that I feel good. ANY, and I mean ANY opportunity I get to fit in a run, lift my legs or do abs, I take. I take it and run with it. It is so liberating to spend some time on me and feel better about myself! You can do this…

5 Lilmissrysmama October 18, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Getting back to a place where I feel good is the KEY for me. If I hang on to 5 lbs, I'm fine with that, as long as I feel healthy and get rid of at least a little bit of the squish. Now it's just making the time to get it done.

6 Kristen October 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm

For the abs the p90x 16 min workout is an ass kicker. Track calories helps a ton and you already know to drink lots of water. Park in the farthest spot, always take stairs…

7 suki October 14, 2012 at 10:44 am

the only way to get me to do any semblance of exercise is if it's in a group fitness format. zumba is pretty fun without seeming like too much exercise. ;-) goooood luck! you'll burn off that southern food in no time.

8 Lilmissrysmama October 18, 2012 at 2:40 pm

YES! Group fitness is key for me. I've been wanting to try Zumba. I'm completely incapable of step aerobics due to lack of coordination, so hopefully I'll be able to handle Zumba. ;)

9 OT and ET October 15, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Wanna go get burritos this week? ;) haha xo ps. we can TALK about exercising at lunch!

10 Lilmissrysmama October 18, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I seriously love you. And the answer to burritos is always yes! :)