OK…now that Thanksgiving is over, it is OFFICIALLY TIME FOR ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS!
And yes, I did have to all caps that -ish. I’m really, really looking forward to this Christmas Season!
It’s time for fires in the fireplace. Hot cocoa. Egg nog w/ Kaluah. Family. Food. Cozy slippers. And yes, candy cane PJ Pants.
So, to kick things off…a little Christmas Meme…a la myspace.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog. With Kaluah, pretty please.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I guess it depends on the size of said gift. But isn’t un-wrapping half the fun of gift giving!?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? This is where things can get complicated. I’m all about the classy white. Andy likes the color. So, I compromise…every year, I pick a color “theme” (either blue or red) and the tree gets a bunch of white and one strand of the other color. Andy’s in charge of the outside lights, so he kind of gets his pick with those.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have…but this year Ry is going to be making some for one of our Advent Calendar activities.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oh man…all of it? I mean really…the only thing I won’t eat is green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. Everything else is fair game!!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I always loved our family dinners. Grandparents and aunts/uncles/cousins from both sides of the family would all gather at our house. OR, I always loved the night we decorated the Christmas tree. We’d all have egg nog in our own Christmas mug. Christmas by Candlelight would be playing on the stereo and there’d be a fire in the fireplace. Magic.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? To be honest, I don’t even remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. Well, actually, I guess that’s kind of a lie. It depends on our plan/schedule for Christmas Day and what family/houses we’re visiting.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We get a new ornament every year. The girls will each get their own. Andy will unwrap/hand out the ornaments and the girls & I will hang them on the tree. It’s pretty much just like when I was little, only my mom was the unwrapped/hander-outer and my dad helped hang the ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Meh, whatever. It’s fun for a few days. It would be pretty awesome to actually get snow on Christmas. So far, that’s only happened once in my lifetime that I remember.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I can. Can I do it well? Probably not.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The one that sticks out in my head the most is my bike I got when I was in the 5th grade. I also really liked that CD-alarm clock I got when I was in the 6th grade…I still use it to this day.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family…no matter how crazy they make me. And giving gifts…not necessarily the getting…just the giving. We love thoughtfully choosing a gift, then buy and wrapping, then the receivers reaction. Love it.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Yes please.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The Christmas tree decorating ranks up there. But, recently my siblings & I have been getting together a few days before Christmas to do an evening of baking. That has quickly become a favorite.
17. What tops your tree? A red star that I bought at Target for $9 my very first Christmas after moving out.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I guess I kind of covered this one…but I love-love-love giving gifts. It could be for family, friends, or more recently, we’ve done giving tree things. I really could care less about receiving any.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum…though I never eat them.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Eh, whatever…Elf. Charlie Brown Christmas Special.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? His Favorite Christmas Story by Captial Lights (seriously…listen to it.) (for reals)
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? See above. (does that make me sick?)
P.S. Totally borrowed this from Jess.